Friday, June 3, 2016

Dreaming of November ......

You're probably thinking right about now, "hey it's only June, why is she "Dreaming of November"?  Well, I've got a couple of reasons.  
The first is that on June 6th I'm going to be celebrating my 10th Anniversary as a demonstrator with Stampin' Up! 

And the second, is that I get to celebrate that anniversary with all my stamping friends when I attend Stampin' Up!s OnStage Event in Vancouver 5th of November.   I can hardly contain myself I'm so excited.  These very special events don't happen often in Vancouver so every demonstrator I know locally, will be wanting to attend, and that includes anyone who joins now.

Today I want to share some special projects that I put together for Stampin' Up! in hopes of getting an opportunity to stamp projects for the OnStage Display Boards.  I'm not sure how many boards they will have but each board represents the work of a local demonstrator and it's a very big honour to be chosen  to participate.  

I didn't see the invite until yesterday, but we were asked to put together a sample of our work including the following hand stamped items for consideration:
  • Three card fronts
  • One scrapbook page
  • Two 3D items
  • And a blog post or some other medium to display the pictures of our projects.  
Yikes!!!  I've been in a panic all day because I had lots of stamping and assembly to do.  Here's what I made:

Three Card Fronts:
Card Front One:  Features stamps from Swirly Bird and Picture Perfect Stamp Sets.  Stamping is done with Emerald Envy one of the new InColours for 2016-2018.
Card Front Two:  This card also features the Swirly Bird stampset and the sentiment is from a set called Birthday Blooms.  I love the new Flirty Flamingo InColour which I've paired with Watermelon Wonder inks and cards stock. 
Card Front Three:  This card is stamped with the Painter's Palette Stamp set and the sentiment is from the Balloon Celebration Stamp Set. The Emerald Envy cardstock sets a bold statement on this card and mixes well with the other InColours -Dapper Denim,Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugarplum and Peekaboo Peach. 

Scrapbook Page:
 

I don't often make scrapbook pages, so it was fun trying to decide how to showcase this awesome photo of my sister. I wanted to bring in the blues in her shirt and keep the feel of the garden in my page. 



The Dapper Denim Incolour was mixed with Blushing Bride For this page I used the new Swirly Bird Photopolymer stamp set for all the background stamping. The sentiment "you are just the nicest" is from the Picture Perfect stamp set. And finally, I stamped the Blushing Bride circle with the Birthday Blooms stamp set to capture the flower garden look. The swirl flowers are made with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies and are cut from Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper. The butterfly was cut from Dapper Denim card stock with the Butterfly Thinlets.

Two 3-D Items:  
My First 3-D Project is a picture frame featuring the Butterflies Thinlits, The Swirl in Silver Glimmer Paper from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlit Dies and the verse from the Butterfly Basics stamp set which was cut out and layered with the Layering Squares Framelits Dies.  There's lots of Basic Rhinestones to add some dazzle.  I used Rich Razzleberry cardstock for the background and dry embossed it with the Fluttering Embossing Folder before the other elements were added.  


My second 3-d Project is a Diorama Father's Day card.  It is made with Dapper Denim and Whisper White card stocks.  The Guy Greetings stamp set was used for the sentiment on the inside of the diorama "Worlds Greatest Day" and he Happy Father's Day on the front panel.  I also used Timeless Textures to add some background interest to this card. 


Because I'm worried my Diorama card won't be viewed as a 3-D Project I decided to include another 3-D project for consideration.  This next project is a Note Card Gift Folder.  This is the only project I didn't make today.   It was originally made for the Watercooler Wednesday WWC63 challenge  in April and was the winner. 
 
This is the lid for the Note Card Gift Folder.  The folder contains six Whisper White 3 x 5 Stampin Up Note Cards that are stamped with the Birthday Blooms Stamp set.  The folder and layers are in Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron card stocks.  
The cards and note box are stamped with the Birthday Blooms Stamp set which was originally in the Occasions Catalogue that just retired. Fortunately this set was carried over to the new catalogue.  I'm so happy, as this is one of my all time favourite stamp sets.

 
 

Well, that's it for this post. I hope you've enjoyed seeing what I've made and will leave me a comment.  If you're at all interested in becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, this is the time to do it, because you'll be eligible to come to the November OnStage event too!  If you'd like more information please contact me, I'd be happy to let you know more about the event and becoming a demo. 


Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stamping Spot

2 comments:

Gail said...

I'd vote for you Penny! They are all gorgeous projects. I'm planning on attending OnStage too. Looking forward to it!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Ahhhhhhh Gail, you are just the sweetest. Thank you! So glad you're going to OnStage I'll be looking for you.

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...