Have you ever tried to use multiple colours in one challenge? For me this required some serious thinking, because for me although I really love the Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon, I'm not so fussy about the Mellow Moss and Tangelo Twist. In the end I decided to do a mashup of the colours by adding them in small bits, rather than bold statements of colour. Here's my entry in this challenge:
Here's My Card:
Stamp Sets: Botanicals for You, Picture Perfect, and Number of Years
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Mellow Moss and Tangelo Twist
Card Stock: Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Mellow Moss and Whisper White
DSP: Moonlight Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot Machine, Layering Squares Framelits (new), Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots,Scissors
1. Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4 1/4 x 11" and scored at 5 1/2 for the card base.
2. Cut a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Moonlight DSP. Using the large scalloped square from the Layering Squares Framelits cut a square in the front of the card. It should measure 6/8" from the top, 1 1/2" from the bottom and 1/2" on each side of the DSP. Run it through the Big Shot and then adhere DSP to the front of the Whisper White card base.
3. Choose a square plain frame that will leave a 1/4" space between the scalloped edge and the square cut-out. Center the frame on the Whisper White card stock and run through the Big Shot. You're going to love these new Square Framelits, they're simply awesome and will be available on June 1st.
4. Lightly mark with a pencil the edges of the square onto the inside of the card as a guide for stamping.
5. Stamp the floral leaf arrangement from the Number of Years Stamp in Mellow Moss Ink on the inside of the card. Stamp the flowers in Tangelo Twist and Lost Lagoon and then add basic rhinestones to the center of the Tangelo Twist flowers.
6. Center and stamp the sentiment "...because you're so nice" in Blackberry Bliss ink below the floral image.
7. On a small scrap of Whisper White card stock stamp the banner from Number of Years stamp set in Blackberry Bliss. Fussy cut the banner out.
|Number of Years stamp set|
8. Stamp "Just a Note" from the Picture Perfect stamp set in Blackberry Bliss ink in the center of the banner and then attach the banner with dimensionals below the scalloped square. Note: When I made my card I should have put a line on the inside to drop the sentiment down to so that it doesn't show through the square when the card is closed. Oh well the next one.
9. Using the small floral punch from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack punch out six flowers from Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey card stocks. Shape the flowers and add a basic rhinestone to the center of each and then attach around the banner with glue dots.
And that's it folks, just a plain easy to make little card, that's sure to brighten a friend's day. Hope you liked it.
May 25, 2016 - Update:
I just heard from the Watercooler Wednesday Design Team leader that I "Rocked The Watercooler" with this card. Thanks Libby and the rest of the team for this honour. Congrats to Heather and Susie who were the honourable mentions this week, your cards were beautiful.
Penny Tokens Stampin Spot