Sunday, January 10, 2016

Catalogue Case Inspiration

It's the first Sunday in January 2016 and I'm welcoming the New Year in with a major cold.  

Believe me it's not the ideal way to feel when you really want to be "getting at it" and starting on new projects.  In fact, I started the day feeling pretty crummy after a very sleepless night.  

My day began slowly with me taking it easy, savouring my morning cuppa and blog surfing for a while to check out what everyone's doing with the new products from the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogues 

While I was doing that I stumbled across a post that truly inspired me, got my creative juices flowing again and sent me on a "journey of inspiration".  In fact, after a half an hour or so of "oohing", "awing" and writing comments, I'd forgotten how really awful I felt at the start of the day.

Now, I'm feeling excited!  Truly excited, and inspired!  The excitement began with a snapshot from the last page of the Occasion's catalogue and led me to a blog hop and a challenge site that are new to me.  I want to share these with you so you can catch my excitement too!  Okay drum roll please................

I'm going to start with the blog hop:  It's called Caseing the Catty Sunday Night Blog Hop and features a group of amazingly talented stampers from Australia and New Zealand called the Creative Crew.  These gals are truly awesome and love to share their talents and tips!

So here's the information you need.  Every Sunday night at 7pm (AEST), the CTC Crew will share their great ideas and inspiration from the latest Stampin' Up! ® Catalogues by either directly CASEing (Copy and Share Everything) or using a sketch/layout, colour combo or embellishment as a springboard for their own creations.  Their first hop of the year CTC61 started today and features projects from the Handmade from the Heart - Occasions Spring and SAB catalogues and can be found here. 
Stampin' Up!s 2016 Handmade from the Heart Occasions Catalogue PDF Copy 

 
Stampin' Up!s Sale-A-Bration 2016 PDF Copy

This group also holds a monthly challenge that you can join in and the winners are announced monthly.  I'll be adding this button to my sidebar, to make it easier for you to find.  Why?  Because I know I'll be checking them out and I know you're going to be thoroughly impressed with this group too!  
CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop
My second discovery today is a challenge site called The Colour Tree Challenge (TCTC) which is hosted by Bronwyn Eastley and her downline De Arn Foley. 

I've long been a fan of Bronwyn, and her sample for the CASEing the Catty Sunday blog hop led me back to her blog where I discovered she is launching this weekly challenge.  Knowing her talents, The Colour Tree Challenge promises to be a wonderful place to hang out too!  

Okay here are the details you need to know:  Every Sunday night at 7pm (AEDT), they'll be hosting a weekly colour challenge where you can ... Ink Up and Link Up for a chance to be one of the TCTC Top 3 Picks! And as if that's not enough, once a month the design team will pick a winner from the weekly Top 3 Picks, who will join them as a Guest Designer in an upcoming challenge.  Whoo Hoo!!! Game on!

I'll be adding this button to my sidebar for easy access too!
TCT Challenges

Here is the Colour Tree's first colour challenge of the year.  I know I'm going to be joining in......how about you?
TCTC #1 Challenge
Okay folks that's it for now as I'm off to look at my stamp sets and decide what I want to create for this challenge which closes on January 16th (AEDT).  

In the meantime if you visit these blogs I hope you'll come back and let me know what you think, what excited you, and what you're going to create! 

HAPPY STAMPING 2016
Penny Tokens Stampin Spot!

6 comments:

H2 :) said...

Hi Penny, so glad our Hop left you feeling inspired! Thank you so much for the shout out for both CASE-ing the Catty & The Colour Tree. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave all the thoughtful comments too. Looking forward to seeing your entries in the challenges! All the best, Helen - CTC Crew member :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Helen. Appreciate your feedback. I'm looking forward to participating too!

Jess said...

I'm seconding all Helen's comments above! Thank you so much for the kind words about our blog hop and the ones left on our blogs! I look forward to seeing more of your work Penny :)

Heather Hopson said...

Penny....thanks for letting us know about these sites. Yes, I totally agree, all the sites were inspiring and like you, I got more excited as I went along. Wow!

Tricia said...

Hi Penny! Thanks so much for your lovely comments on our blogs for CASEing the Catty. Like you, I look forward to seeing what the ladies are making each week too! I hope you are feeling better & that you are back to your crafting soon.

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Hi Penny, You are so lovely promoting Case-ing the Catty, I am loving being part of the Creative Crew, it makes me understand all the inspiration we have at our finger tips with the catalogues. Look forward to you participating in the hops and challenges. It's great to reconnect again too, I am amazed at the wonderful friends I have made through SU.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...