Hi Stampers! Today I finished up what I consider a totally hot, girly birthday card and it has a surprise sneak peek from the new catalogue that's "just for you".
Have I captured your interest yet? I hope so because the card I'm about to share with you was fairly sizzling while I photographed it. The marriage of Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey make me think of sunshine, beaches, tropical nights, fiestas and sangria.
Here's My Card:
- Sneak Peek Alert!!!!! The "Happy Birthday" sentiment stamp is a sneak peek from the new catalog, so I can’t provide you the link, a stamp name, or picture until June 2nd when the catalog goes live, but I can tell you when it’s available it will be on page 179 and it can be purchased with hostess dollars.
- I Love Lace Background Stamp
|Item Number 134036 I Love Lace Background Stamp will retire on June 2nd, 2015|
Card Stock: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, and Calypso Coral
Ink: Calypso Coral, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon
Accessories: Scalloped Punches 7/8", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" and 2 3/8", Lovely Lace Textured Embossing Folder ,Big Shot, Trimmer, Mini Gift Bag Framelit Dies, Lost Lagoon Taffetta Ribbon*, Flower Embellishment*, Small Leaf Sizzlet*, White Tulle*.
|Lovely Lace EF Item Number 13337 retires June 2nd, 2015|
Note: Items marked with (*) in supplies list have previously retired and are not available.
|I stamped the Calypso Coral cardstock with the I Love Lace background stamp before punching out the flowers with the various sized scallop punches noted above.|
- The card base was cut from an 81/2 x 11 piece of Whisper White Card stock and scored at 4 1/4".
- The next layer of Lost Lagoon card stock measures 5 3/8" x 4 1/8".
- The Hello Honey layer which measures 4" x 5 1/4" was embossed with the Lovely Lace Texturized Embossing Folder.
- The next layer which measures 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" was one of the left over pieces of watercoloured backgrounds that I made for the Wacky Watercooler Challenge and I discussed here. I embossed this piece with the Lovely Lace Texturized Embossing Folder too.
- A 5" strip of Lost Lagoon Taffeta Ribbon* was adhered to the center of the layer with sticky strip. I love this ribbon it's simply gorgeous. I grabbed a few of these before they retired, because I know I'm going to use this ribbon a lot.
- The flower is comprised of four layers of scallops. After stamping and punching out the scallops I crumpled them up into little balls to break up the paper fiber and then I sponged the outer edges of each scallop layer with Lost Lagoon and Calypso Coral to give the layers some additional texture and interest.
- The flower layers were assembled with large glue dots, and a flower embellishment was added to the center.
- Two scraps of white tulle were adhered below the flower to add some sparkle and also the small leaves in Lost Lagoon were sponged and then adhered to the sides of the flower.
- The sentiment "for you" was die cut in Lost Lagoon with one of the framelits in the Occasions Mini Treat Bag Framelit Die set.
|I used scraps of the water coloured background design and lost lagoon to form a band on the left hand side of the card's interior.|
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today, I hope you've enjoyed my blog post and samples. Feel free to C.A.S.E. this card. If you need products to create it – I would love to be your demonstrator, simply use my “shop with me” button below, or contact me and I would be happy to place your order for you.