Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Let's Go To The Beach - Paper Players Challenge #203

This week the Paper Players are featuring Theme Challenge PP#203 called "Let's Go to the Beach" by Nance.  I decided to play along with this challenge and hopefully get my mojo back after a month's absence from blogging.  

For me a day at the beach is all about walking in the sand and tidal pools, so I decided that my Wetlands stamp set would be perfect for my card.  

Wetlands Stamp Set this six piece stamp set comes in clear mount, wood block and is also available on MDS as a brush stroke set. 




Here's my entry:

I used the Label Card Thinlets Die Cut to cut my card base in Whisper White.  I've stamped the sand pipers and reeds from the Wetlands Stamp Set and added some texture with Gorgeous Grunge speckles.  I used Early Espresso Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, So Saffron and Coastal Cabana inks.
Label Card Thinlet Die comes with a total of 9 die cuts to add a whole new dimension to your card making.
  
Here's a view of the inside of the card.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Bring on the Cake, Stampin' Up Stamp Set.  The oval is from Coastal Cabana card stock.  I carried the reeds and grass theme from the card front right through to the back and left white space at the top for writing wishes. 

This is a very fast card to make. So fast in fact, that I made several of the ovals at one time so I could make card sets. 


Happy Stamping and check out the rest of the entries on this weeks' challenge at the Paper Players

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

I agree with you, Penny! Nothing better than a walk on the beach! The label thinlet makes a great card and your stamp set is perfect! Great job and thank you for joining us at The Paper Players! XX

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Penny! Great card design! I LOVE walks on the beach. Too bad I rarely get that chance, living in Iowa. Thanks for playing at The Paper Players!

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...