Before these sets retire I want to share a card I cased from Sandi MacIvor of Stampin With Sandi. Sandi used Fabulous Florets and Summer Silhouettes for her card which features the Triple Time Stamping technique. I really liked the rich colour combination Sandi used so didn't make any changes there, but I subbed out the leaf image from Secret Garden for the one she used from Summer Silhouettes and changed the sentiment.
|I used the "Many Thanks" sentiment from "Another Thank You" Photopolymer Stamp Set. This beautiful stamp set has sold out in the past few weeks. Fingers are crossed it comes back in the Annual Catalogue.|
Here is my Card:
Stamp Sets: Fabulous Florets, Secret Garden, Another Thank You
Ink: Versa Mark, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Early Espresso
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Trimmer, Sponge Dauber, Adhesive
How It's Made:
1. Cut card base from Crumb Cake to measure 4 1/4" x 11. Score at 5 1/2".
2. Cut two layers from crumb cake measuring2 1/4 x 3 1/2" and 3 1/4 x 4 1/2".
3. Cut three layers from Whisper White card stock measuring 2 x 3 1/4", 3 x 4 1/4" and 4 x 5 1/4". Also cut a piece measuring 5' x 3 3/4" for the inside of the card.
4. Use repositioning tape on the back of the two smaller Whisper White layers and attach them to the largest Whisper white layer, so they are stacked.
4. Stamp flower image from Fabulous Florets in Versa Mark ink three times from the top right hand corner to the bottom left hand column. Cover with White Embossing powder and heat set.
5. Using Pool Party, Crumb Cake and Real Red randomly stamp additional flower images around the card layers being careful to leave some white space in between and to not overlap flowers.
6. Stamp the leaf image from Secret Garden or Summer Silhouettes (pg 127 IB&C) three times in Pear Pizazz and twice in Crumb Cake around the perimeter of the card in the white space between flowers.
7. Ink up a sponge dauber with Crumb Cake and rub it over the embossed flower images on each of the layers. Later when card is assembled you can daub in other areas of the card that may need some additional colour or blending.
8. Separate the Whisper White layers and adhere the largest one to the Crumb Cake card base.
9. Adhere the other two Whisper White layers to the Crumb Cake layers and then layer these matted pieces to the card front. Make sure your stamping images line up.
10. Stamp sentiment stamp image on the front of the card.
11. Adhere 5 x 3 3/4" piece of Whisper White card stock to the inside of the card. Stamp floral images on this piece.
12. Step back and admire your art work!
|I sponged around the edges of the layer for the inside of the card and stamped a couple of the flower images in the lower left hand corner.|
|Make sure when you add your layers that all your stamped images lines up perfectly.|
|I found the embossing really adds a "wow" factor to this card. It was amazing, once the flowers were sponged with the Crumb Cake ink they virtually popped off the page.|
If you like the Fabulous Floret stamp set you'll have to act fast because it will be retiring in a couple of weeks. Check it out on my on-line store. If you liked this card or want information on the technique, please leave a comment. Thanks for visiting and come back again real soon!