Happy Friday everyone! Hope your day has been as good as mine and that the weekend will be the same.
This morning I had a chance to play with my stamps and new thinlit frame again............. what could be a better start to the day than that?
My goal today was to use some of my new stamp sets I got before and during Convention. As I'm a real traditional type of card maker it really pushes my limits and comfort zone to go from vintage or shabby chic to grunge, but that's what I decided to do. I hope you'll like the results.
Here is my card:
Stamp Sets: Grunge, You're Amazing, Off the Grid
Ink: Versa Mark, Calypso Coral, Wild Wasabi, Night of Navy, Crisp Cantaloupe
Card Stock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Big Shot, Label Card Thinlits, Heat Gun, Gold Embossing Powder, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Scissors, Washi Tape from This and That, Dimensionals, Adhesive, Sticky Strip, Scallop Border Punch, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1" circle punches, sponge dauber.
How I made the card:
2. Randomly stamp the Off the Grid Stamp set in Versa Mark Ink on the inside of the card, then cover with Gold Embossing Powder and heat set.
3. Randomly stamp images from the Grunge stamp set in Night of Navy, Calypso Coral and Wild Wasabi on the inside of the card. Turn card over and repeat on the front. Randomly stamp Crisp Cantaloupe images with the sponge dauber (note: sponge off first on a scrap of paper so that it leaves just a faint background impression). Sponge all around the outside of the card and the flip frame with Crisp Cantaloupe ink
4. Using the Labels Thinlet Dies, position card stock in die so that the additional 2 1/2" in length extends over the end of the thinlit. See this example from yesterday's card. Score on fold lines.
5. Cut out the "hi" from the Label Card Thinlit set and glue with Mono Adhesive to the front of the flip portion so it is on the front side of the card. Add one medium size basic rhinestone above the "i" in the word "hi".
6. Cut out a Wild Wasabi label using the label die from the set. Glue this on the reverse side of the flip portion so it's on the inside of the card. Cut out some of the arrows in Wild Wasabi and randomly place them on the card using dimensionals.
7. Apply sticky strip to the Night of Navy scalloped border pieces and adhere with sticky strip to the left edges of the card and then with the card folded in closed position adhere the second border piece to the right outside edge.
8. Punch out a few circles using the 1/4, 1/2", 3/4" circle punches and glue these randomly on the card. Punch out some extra circles in random sizes and die cut some of the arrows and the "hi" using the three colours of card stock. When you are ready to put your card in the envelope you can tuck these in as card confetti.
7. Add a strip of the This and That Washi Tape to the edge of the center fold piece and stamp the Hot Air Balloon and the Winner Ticket from the You're Amazing stamp set on this part of the card. I used markers to colour the Hot Air Balloon. Randomly stamp the small ticket stamp in Wild Wasabi and Night of Navy on the entire card.
8. Stamp the elephant from the You're Amazing Stamp set in Night of Navy and again in Calypso Coral on Whisper White card stock. Fussy cut out the Night of Navy elephant and then cut out just the party hat in Calypso Coral. Glue the hat over top of the Night of Navy hat and add three basic rhinestone jewels on the pompoms. Mount the elephant to the green label with
9. Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment from the You're Amazing stamp set on the inside. I stamped mine crooked, so wound up re-stamping it on a piece of whisper white card stock and mounting it with dimensionals. It looks okay, but it would have been better if it was directly on the card stock base.
And that's it. Here are some additional pictures of the front, inside and back of the card so you can get an idea of the randomness of it.
|Card front when it's closed.|
|Inside of the card with both flaps open.|
|This pictures a little blurry but it is the back of the card when it's all flattened out.|