Tuesday, April 30, 2013

MOJO MONDAY SKETCH CHALLENGE - MOJO291

Have you ever missed a deadline by just a few minutes?  Well that's what happened to me on Sunday night. I just didn't have any creative time during the week to work on the  MOJO MONDAY sketch challenge, so I thought that's okay I'll set it aside until the weekend. 

The weekend arrived and you guessed it, one thing led to another and  I didn't actually get working on my card until late Sunday evening, and I just assumed I would get my finished card posted before the deadline elapsed.  Wrong!  I still went ahead with my post, but it just didn't quite feel the same, even though I loved the card I made.  So this week I'm not being a laggard, I'm posting and linking early. 

Here's What I Made: 
Here's this week's MOJO291 sketch and my rendition:  


This week's sketch has two different options - a round or square card. I decided to go with the round version and designed an easel card.  I find these fast and easy to do.  
 


The theme for my card is Graduation and is meant to reflect on going out into the world, unlocking the doors and making life's journey one of discovery.  

Since "Graduation" is considered one of life's milestones, an Epic Day, I think I succeeded in capturing that feeling in my choice of paper, card stock and sentiments.   

I've been absolutely blown away with the Epic Day Designer Paper that was included in the Epic Day This and That Bundle (special ends today) and decided to use one of the designs that featured a map.  

One of the best things about using Stampin' Up! products is that everything is co-ordinated.  So, once the paper was chosen it was an easy next step to choose the card stock and accessories to complete the project.  I simply pulled the co-ordinating colours from the DSP pallette - Whisper White, Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Basic Grey.

Supplies Used:

Stamp Sets:  Affection Collection, Word Play and The Open Sea

DSP:  Epic Day Designer Series Paper 

Ink:  Basic Black

Card stock:  Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Basic Grey and Pool Party

Accessories:  Scallop Circle Bigz Die, Square Lattice and Stripes Embossing Folders, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Key Trinket (retired), Ribbon, Dimensionals, Crystal Effects adhesive, Sponge Daubers.


You can just barely see the map in the background on the face of the card.  The colours are so beautiful.  I used the striped embossing folder to add some definition to the banners and I thought the sentiment "always" from the Affection Collection set the tone of the card message. 

This is a view of the inside of the card.  I stamped off the Pool Party ink before stamping the globe image from the Open Sea stamp set  onto a 2 1/2" circle of Whisper White card stock.  I also sponged the edges of the circle in Pool Party and  then stamped the sentiment "Go Confidently in the Direction of your Dreams" over the globe image.  It gives a nice watermark effect.  Layered circles of Basic Grey, Pool Party and Whisper White were cut out with a set of Sizzlet circle frames.  The silver key is from the Trinkets accessories.

Epic Day This and That:
Epic Day Designer Series Paper

Epic Day This and That Bundle
Although this discounted promotion ends tonight you will still be able to buy all the products in the This and That product line though my online store. Click here to Shop Now
Thanks for visiting me.  Hope you'll stay awhile and browse my site or leave me a comment on this post.  I love to get comments, it makes my day! 

  1. Spring Surprise Promotion – March 15 to May 30, 2013
  2. Special Delivery – Sent With Love    THIS PROMO ENDS APRIL 30
  3. This and That Promotion - THIS SPECIAL PROMO ENDS APRIL 30 
  4. Single Stamps Promotion – Extended to July 31st, 2013 Because of Enormous Response  a. Assortment 3 and b. Assortment 4
  5. Photopolymer Stamps
Contests:
  1. Win a Trip to San Diego - Contest Closes April 30th! 
  2. LNS Treasure Hunt Blog Hop - Win $150 in Stampin' Up! Products  Contest Closes May 12


2 comments:

laurie said...

I love round cards but I hardly ever make them. After seeing how cute yours is I'll have to make one!

Kristie W. said...

wow this is so cool! Love the key holding up the easel part. You make round cards look easy!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...