Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mojo Monday Card Challenge: MOJO290

It's MOJO MONDAY Sketch Challenge time again.  This week's sketch was a simple design that lends itself well to that "spur of the moment" card.  You could put almost anything into those four little frames.  

As it's nearing the end of the school year and I'm thinking about Teacher gifts and thank you cards, I felt this layout would work perfectly for a Teacher Appreciation Card.  

Usually I would stamp something in each of those squares, but for this challenge, I decided to simply add paper to the frames and chose Story Time Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! because the images went so well with my theme.  This beautiful paper be retiring at the end of May.  

Here's is my card design:
DSP:  Storytime
Ink:   Basic Black 
Stamp Set:  Mixed Medley 
Cardstock:  Red Riding Hood, So Saffron
Accessories:  Red Riding Hood Red ruffled ribbon, Soda Pop Top,  3/4" and 1" Circle punches, Big Shot Machine, Adhesive, Dimensionals.
 
For the top strip which showcases four pictures I punched children's images from the Storytime DSP and spaced them out on a 1 1/4" by 4 3/4" piece of Red Riding Hood cardstock. Before adhereing these four little blocks, I sponged around the edges with Early Espresso ink.   I used the reverse side of this beautiful paper for the blackboard effect on the bottom of the card. 


Instead of adding a bow to my ribbon as shown in the sketch, I decided to add a Soda Pop Top which I flattened in my Big Shot Machine.  I stamped the "for you" sentiment from the Mixed Medley stamp set in Basic Black ink and punched it out with a 3/4" circle punch.  This sentiment was then popped up on a dimensional and added to the center of a 1" circle of so saffron cardstock. I glued these pieces to the Soda Pop Top with Crystal Effects.  The rippled ribbon in Red Riding Hood is retired but I liked the effect it creates on this card.  
These Soda Pop Tops are a retro accent piece that's proving to be very popular this Spring.  They come in two sizes, 1 inch and half inch and you get 8 each of the two designs per packageThey are item # 129388 in the Spring Mini Catalogue and will be available until May 31st, 2013.
Thank you for dropping by and checking out my entry in this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. 

No comments:

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...