Sunday, January 13, 2013

Birthday Wishes Update


Earlier this month Pals Paper Arts had a great colour combo PPA150 featuring Basic Black, Melon Mambo and Basic Gray and I decided to make a birthday card using this combo along with the MOJO Monday sketch MOJO274.  

Since it was my friend Wendy's birthday the next day and I needed a card the timing was perfect and I set to work.   I loved the colour challenge and will probably use this combo again. The same with the sketch which was quick and easy to pull together.  What fun!  

Unfortunately due to the browser problems I was experiencing with IE I wasn't  able to link my card to the PPA site or Mojo Monday, and missed their deadlines.  I also couldn't post to my own blog.  Teeth grinding here!!!  Oh well next time. In the meantime, I thought I would share this cheery little card with you.  Hope you like it.  Wendy did!

The DSP was perfect for this card.  Gave it a real cool girly look.  I absolutely love the Lacy and Lovely set which I received for free when I attended Stampin' Up!s Convention last summer.  It's on page 99 of the Idea Book and Catalogue.

Here's the inside of the card.  I liked re-layering the card stock and using the sentiment again.  

Stamp sets:   Lacy and Lovely and Itty Bitty Banners
Paper:           Houndstooth pattern from the Festival of Prints DSP series in   the Holiday Mini (retired).
Card Stock:  Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Basic Gray
Ink:               Basic Black
Framelits:      Itty Bitty Banners, 2 1/2  Inch Circle Punch, 
Accessories:  Large Basic Pearl, 3/8" Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (retired) 

Well that's it for this post.  Leave me a comment if you liked this card.  It's always encouraging to hear from you.  Until next time.  Happy Stamping! 


LINKS TO OTHER CURRENT PROMOTIONS
YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT:
  1. Fancy Friends Kit 
  2. Valentines Day Promotions
  3. Talking Tags
  4. Stampin Trimmer
  5. Clearance Rack

Click Here For On-Line Ordering:

Penny Tokens

No comments:

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #572:

April has sure been living up to its reputation for rain showers but it's been really on the cold side which isn't normal for this t...