Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tacoma Regionals More Swaps

At the Beginning
Checking out what's in our goodie bags are Diane, Erin and my down line Ethel DeTemple. The bags contained our Make N' Take project packages for the day and our lanyards. 


Adel Klassen and her down line Gloria.  Both of these awesome gals  are demonstrators in the Chilliwack BC area.  If you're looking for some talented demos, these two fit the bill!

Diane Ison a Richmond BC demo and her guest Erin Parcey.  Erin just moved here from Winnipeg and wanted to make new friends.  Her mom advised her to join a stamp club, and that's just what she did.  She looked for demonstrators in Richmond and found Diane's stamp club.  Way to go Erin and Diane!

Here's Erin's great swap card using the Perfectly Preserved set from the Holiday Catalogue.  I love the little hearts escaping from the jar........... so much love!  It was so great meeting you Erin and exchanging swaps and sharing a table........... now we're friends too! 

 
Prize Patrol:
Prize Patrol brought lots of prizes.  They gave away lots of stamp sets and $50.00 gift certificate for the best swaps.  Everytime they called out Prize Patrol we pounded on the tables and anxiously waited to see if we were one of the 10 lucky names to be drawn.  We didn't win anything at our table, but we sure cheered on those that did.  Besides, Stampin' Up! is always so generous.  Everyone got one of these FREE clear mount stamp sets called Seasonal Sayings and the Merry Moments Simply Scrappin kit.  WOW, can't wait to use both of these.

Here's Ethel checking out her goodies.

Can you tell I'm happy to be there?  I'm showing off my great swag bag  I got for registering at Convention in July.  It's awesome and great for holding my supplies and swaps.  You just have to love those bold chevron stripes and the colour!

Here's a closeup of all my pins.  I love this bag so much I used a closeup shot of this on my Penny Tokens Face Book page for my banner.  I received all these beautiful pins and badges as a Stampin' Up Demonstrator.  Gonna get me some more!
Demonstrator Gift Exchanges and So Shelli:

From a Down Line to her Up line.  How Awesome!
From an Up line to her Down lines.
Boy I hope I got that right.  Never met the ladies personally, but if you're out there and read this post let me know who you are.  Both of these gifts are fabulous and sure demonstrate Stampin' Ups! Statement of the heart.  
This picture although dark gives you an idea of how big the Tacoma Regional was.  I don't know how many demos made it but I heard that Tacoma was the biggest Regional so far this year. 

It pays to look over your shoulder and check out the other tables. A lot of the tables were exchanging hand made gifts for their up lines/down lines.  On my way back from the Swap boards I came across the above gift exchanges.  Wouldn't you want to be the receiver?  I know I would have.   


Shelli Gardner, Scott(y) Nielson, CFO, Brian Pilling, Carrie Cudney and Holly Linford were sitting just two tables behind us, which was super exciting.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture of them but they all looked fabulous!

Shelli gave the opening address and finished up with a wonderful demonstration of this card, which I instantly fell in love with.  Now I just have to have the French Foliage set and I just have to order some of the Natural Composition Specialty paper............. that was used for the leaf.  The leaf is really beautiful!  
 
 

Gloria and a fellow stamper in an earnest discussion about how a swap card was made.  Serious but fun stuff!  I can't believe how much you learn at these meetings.  Someone is always sharing! 
 
Stampin' Up really knows how to treat us.  We were served a very tasty box lunch for our break. It included a salad, wonderful mixed meat sub sandwich, chocolate chip cookie that was to die for, an apple, cheese and a bag of lightly salted chips. Yum!

Make N' Takes:
Doesn't this look cool?  Our first Make N' Take was a set of four thank you cards and matching envelopes all bundled up in a really easy to make vellum envelope.  The envelope is tied with Calypso Coral Baker's Twine and has a small sentiment attached that's been stamped with a sentiment from the One in a Million set.  To give it a little bling a small Rhinestone Basic Jewel was added.   

What a great hostess gift this would make. The transparent envelope was made with a 7 1/4 x 7 1/4" piece of White Vellum Card Stock which was scored with the Simply Scored tool and Simply Scored Diagonal Plate.  Envelope making couldn't be any easier. 

A stamp set called Clockworks was used for all the projects today.  We inked it up with Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Gumball Green, More Mustard and Pool Party inks.  Wow did they look awesome and what a great combination. 

This is the stamping on the envelope. Love the colour mix.

This is the card front.  Very simple but beautiful.

For our second Make N' Take session we made this awesome card holder.   Isn't it cute!  Love the flower which was made with the Fancy Flower punch. The scrunched up paper in the flower and on the box is made with First Edition Specialty paper.  This is a very lightweight paper similar to old encyclopedia pages, so it scrunches really well.  Oh and it's stamped on too with the Clockworks stamp set.   
 
The big surprise for me was that it's made with the Two Tags Bigz Die. If you're interested in how to make this box check out Heather Cserni's great tutorial, it's posted here.   

Here's another shot of the card holder and the cute cards that are inside it.  The cards are only 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" so they are tiny, but oh so cute.  The stamp set used for this project is called Clockworks.  Looking at this 8 piece stamp set in the Idea Book and Catalogue (page 105) I would never have guessed what a terrific stamp set this is.  It's definitely on my Wish List and I have plans to use it for a future card class. 


Our third and final Make N'Take was a very trendy scrapbook page called Above and Beyond. And, it truly was!   Again, we used the Clockworks stamp set and added some texture with buttons and some scoring (Baja Breeze piece was scored in 1/4" increments in both directions - kind of a cool technique).
The background Basic Gray card stock was stamped with the large image from the set in Basic Gray ink.  By stamping off some of the images it gave a grunge appearance to the scrapbook scene. 

I love the variety of card stocks used for the pennant pieces and how easy they were to assemble.  They were cut long and in a variety of widths.  The photo is layered over them.  Some of the pennant pieces were stamped or textured and all of the pointy ends were cut freehand, although you could use a square punch to make them more uniform.  Just sayin............  

This shows some of the lovely buttons and the colourful clock face.


 

Well that's it for this rather length post.  Tomorrow you get to see the actual swap cards I received .  Sorry for the suspense but I had so much fun I wanted you to share in my excitement.  Hope you've found it interesting.  See you back soon!


 

No comments:

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...