Sunday, July 22, 2012

"I Am Convention 2012" is Over

The theme for Stampin' Up's Convention this week in Salt Lake City was "I am....." and our goal throughout the week was to try to focus on who we are as members of the Stampin' Up family.  To celebrate the "I am...." theme and get us off to a flying start on Thursday morning, we were welcomed with this video which set the tone of excitement for the entire three days!

I hope you'll watch it and like it as much as I did.  I'm still getting goose bumps evertime I hear it and I've got the tune doing one of those mind worm things in my head!   

I've had an amazing week everyone and I want to share some of the reasons for that:
  • Registration on Wednesday was fun and a complete breeze! Exploring the Salt Palace Convention Center and checking out the Gathering Place and Product Display boards
  • MDS 2 demonstrations and the ability to play around with this fabulous photo tool
  • Tour of Riverton and meeting some of Stampin' Ups! incredibly friendly and "eager to please" staff. 
  • Late Night Stamper's Pre-Convention Welcome Soup and Salad Supper followed by patty Hargrove's 10+1 Card Swap
  • Thursday's Opening General Session was electrifying and full of excitement.  Shelley Gardner was a delight! And the warm and wonderful welcome by SU employees brought tears to my eyes. 
  • An amazingly funny key note speaker, Jason Ryan Dorsey kicked off the week with an outstanding presentation on the differences between Gen Y, Gen X and Baby Boomers.  He had us rolling in our seats laughing at ourselves and members of the other groups  I can't wait to read his books.
  •  Outstanding classes and make and takes.  I attended:
    • I Am Reaching Out - Emily Montoya
    • I am Making Money - Pam Morgan
    • I Am Open for Business - Carrie Cudney
    • I Am Savvy- Dawn Griffith, Meg Wheeler, Donna Griffith, Laura Mulligan
    • I Am Doing Business My Way - Bonnie Thurber, Tami White, Ronda Wade
    • I Am Earning an Incentive Trip - Karen Hauley and Jill Hilliard, Meg Holland and Cynthia Millan
    • I'm a Pattern Mixing Pro - Carrie Cudney
  • Incredible displays in the Product Showcase and Display areas
  • Awards night and all the incredible achievers
  • 10 Years in Recognition for Canadian Demonstrators
  • Taking my five year pin walk across the stage
  • Meeting "new" friends and old friends
  • Having fun
  • Prize Patrol
  • Make and Takes and Free Stamp Sets
  • Did I mention Shopping in Momento Mall
  • Exciting Announcements regarding:
    • Release of MDS 2 in August
    • Changes to DBWS
    • Fall Regional Event in Tacoma Washington - Sept 29, 2012
    • Live Stream joining demonstrators around the world
    • Incentive Trip to Western Caribbean and Getaway Trip to San Diego
Okay I could go on and on, but that's it for this post.  Because of technical glitches like "no card reader on this notebook" I'll begin posting convention pictures when aI return to Canada tomorrow.  Stay tuned.  

1 comment:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

"I am" happy... that I found you in line and we got to see Riverton together!! It was so so so much fun!

Thanks for being a Friend!
Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...