Sunday, November 13, 2011

Stampin Queen's Sketch Challenge #12

It's Sunday night once again and time for me to share my rendition of this week's Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge card.  I really like the layout of this sketch.  It's got lots going on it but it's not overpowering. 

I'm still into making Christmas cards and wanted to hightlight some of the "other" Stampin' Up Christmas stamps that are available in the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalogue, namely Decorative Decorations and Christmas Collage.  I love both of these sets and would hate to see them overlooked for newer ones.

So with these sets in mind I began by stamped the Christmas Collage in Whisper White onto a  5 1/4 x 4" piece of Night of Navy cardstock, and then emboss it with White Embossing Powder.  This piece was cut into three 1 1/4" strips and  glued from left to right onto the Whisper White card base.


I used a scallop die to cut the small oval scallop from the Silver Glimmer Paper and then mounted one of the ornaments from the Decorative Decorations set with dimensionals on top of it.  The ornament was stamped in Whisper White ink and embossed with White Embossing Powder on Night of Navy cardstock.  The center of the ornament is my sentiment and again it is from the Decorative Decorations set.  A basic rhinestone was added to the center of the sentiment star.  For the bow I used Whisper White Taffeta ribbon.  The image for the three circles pieces was stamped in Night of Navy on Whisper White cardstock and then cut out with the 3/4" punch.  This piece was mounted on dimensionals onto a 1" circle cut from the Silver Glimmer paper.  A basic rhinestone was added to the center of each image.

This is a view of the inside of the card.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Lodge set.  A 1/2" x 5 1/2" strip of Night of Navy Cardstock was adhered to the right side of the card and a 1/4" strip of the Silver Glimmer paper was added.

4 comments:

tengrrl said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the collage effect and all the sparkly glitter. That's one of the things I dislike about using My Digital Studio, no glimmer paper :(

paper bag create said...

This is SIMPLY STUNNING my friend!!!!
This is such a WOW card and the silver glitter is just the perfect sparkle with the night of navy!!! GORGEOUS card!!!! My FAVE card of yours!!! hands down!!
{{hugs}}

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful! Love all the sparkle.

Patti said...

Wow, love all the glitter. Beautiful card and details.

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...