Sunday, May 1, 2011

Welcome New Baby Boy!!!

A very good friend of mine recently became a Grandma for the first time.  She has been so excited all through her daughter's pregnancy, and now he's finally arrived. I'm over the moon excited for her and her family.   The picture she sent of her "grand son" made my heart melt.  He is just so adorable. 

So I got busy trying to design a perfect card to commemorate this happiest of occasions!  I chose a retired Stampin' Up set called "A New Little Someone", mainly because of the sentiment stamp and this adorable Bunny image.  The cardstock base, Designer Series Paper and Classic Ink are also retired, but one of my favourite colors - Soft Sky. I stamped the Bunny image in Soft Sky on Whisper White card stock.  Isn't it cute?  This layer was mounted on Soft Sky cardstock, then on Whisper White card stock.  The following layers are Soft Sky DSP and then a Whisper White layer that was texturized using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder, then another layer of DSP and finally the card base.  The bow is made from 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta ribbon.  I've adhered a row of Basic Rhinestones above and below the Bunny's picture to give it some sparkle. 


Here's a view of the inside of the card - the verse says "Bottles and booties and bibs and more, a new little someone to hug and adore". 
I love the way this card turned out and will be making one for a girl in Pink Pirouette, and another boy one, but I'll be using Baja Breeze.

3 comments:

Debbie Martin said...

Very nice! Love the soft colors and that cute stamp set. TFS
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Patti said...

This is adorable. Another reason to hang on to those special retired stamp sets.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow! This is such a sweet baby card! I just love the soft and subtle color and that pop of bling. I'm sure she loved this card. How exciting! :)

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...