This is my little creative get away spot in a very hectic world. I love to stamp, meet other stampers and share my inspirations. So come and, sit for a while, explore my site and leave a comment when you can.
Here's a little "thank you" step-card I made recently and wanted to share with you. Step-cards are so much fun to make and this one was no exception. I used Kraft card stock for my base - it's so versatile and goes with everything! Did you know that it's being renamed to "Crumb Cake" and will be part of the Neutrals Card Stock selection being released in the upcoming 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalog.
The DSP is a retired Stampin' Up Valentines Day double sided paper that I just loved and couldn't get enough of. A piece of Chocolate Chip was cut out using the Top Note Die and used as a design element on the first and last step of the card. I cut a flower for the last step of the card from the DSP and Chocolate Chip card stock using SU's Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch and glued them together to give some weight to the flower. A large button was used for the center of the flower. Sentiments from Fresh Cuts and Best Yet stamp sets were used to express gratitude and stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.
On the first step of the card I glued two different patterns of the DSP separated with the Chocolate Chip Top Note piece. I then added a scrunchy flower that was made by layering one each of 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circles punched from the DSP with circle punches. The circles were scrunched into little balls and then unravelled and stacked on top of each other, with a Red Fire and Ice brad in the center. How do you like it.......wish you could see it in person because it's pretty cute! I love making all these new flowers and using them as embellishments so I've decided to share some of the tricks I've learned in future posts and will be holding some "Card Candy" classes this summer so you can share in the fun!
Another part of this card that was really fun to make was the bird. A template was drawn free hand by my good friend Sheri and I traced her template onto the DSP. You may not be able to tell from this picture because it's a bit grainy, but I used the Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch in a contrasting DSP for the wing - I just trimmed the beak off and then flipped the bird (pardon the expression) upside down to create the wing on the larger bird. It's held in place with a button and some twine. A brass coloured brad from one of the Hodge Podge sets was used for the bird's eye.
Hope you like this card. I'll be using this design in my June card classes. Thanks for dropping by! Leave a comment if you like it.