Saturday, January 23, 2010

Valentines View Finder Card

Hi everyone.  Happy Saturday.  I want to share another card I made based on a design by Lynn Pratt Guest Designer from Vermont on UStamp with Dawn and Friends "With Love 2010".   Can you guess what it is from the pictures below? 





Wow, you've guessed it, it's a View Master Card.  Lynn used the "All in the Family" and "Love You Much Stamp" sets for hers, and she did a great PDF tutorial that was fun to follow. Having only a limited number of stamp sets and tools here in SC  I decided to try using the "A Happy Heart" stamp set and a really cute 4- stamp set from the Idea Book and Catalogue called "Yippee Kiyay Holiday" (114369 page 42). This inexpensive little set was great because I was able to incorporate two of the images and the sentiment for this project.  I really loved the western theme throughout and I think it worked great for this card.  When I mounted my set I cut away the sentiments from each rubber image and glued those to the ends of the stamp block............voila I now have 8 stamps instead of 4. 

Here's what the finished card looked like.  Let me know what you think.





Yippee Kiyay Holiday 114369    Price: $26.95
These country-themed images will lasso your heart. Use them for four occasions: Valentine's Day, Christmas, Halloween, and Easter.  Set Quantity: 4

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love it! It's made me Smile. :)

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...