Thursday, January 7, 2010

Last Look at 2009


I have been without a camera since October so wasn't able to take pictures of my cards Okay even though Christmas is now over I did promise to post pictures of the cards I made so here goes:

This was one of my favourite cards to make.  I saw this card on the fabulous Diana Gibb's blog, and just couldn't resist.  The pine branches are made from the "Lovely as a Tree" (115026) stamp set and the Merry Christmas Sentiment is from the "A Cardinal Christmas" (111760).  I used Whisper White for for card base layered with Old Olive, Real Red and Whisper White.  Miscellaneous ribbon and buttons were used for accents.

The next card is loosely based on one I saw on SCS and again uses stamps from the "A Cardinal Christmas" and is made with Close to Cocoa,  Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Very Vanilla cardstock.  The Close to Cocoa layer was run through the Big Shot with the Finial Press, textured embossing folder.  I loved doing this card.  Quick and easy but big impact. 



My third card utilizes one of my favourite Stampin' Up christmas stamps "Dasher" (116816).  This stamp which was presented on page 208 of the IB&C at $8.95 was one of the best deals Stampin' Up offered this year............... don't you think?  I've see so many beautiful renditions using this stamp.  Here is mine:


This card has a vanilla base and a layer of Old Olive which is stamped with a small snowflake image.  Dasher was stamped with Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla and heat set to bring out the ink.  He has a small red rhinestone for his nose and Dazzling Diamonds on his beautiful antlers.  5/8" Real Red grosgrain ribbon was added over a strip of dsp from the Christmas Jingle (1156960 - Simply Scrappin kit).  The Eyelet border punch (113692) was used on a each side of a 2 1/2" strip of very vanilla cardstock. 




My fourth card uses the Ornament punch and Delightful Decorations Stamp Set that was featured in the Holiday Mini Catalogue.  The base cardstock is Whisper white with layers of Black and Kraft
cardstock. I used the So Swirly jumbo wheel and Whisper White Craft Ink to add a decorative background on the Kraft cardstock layer. The ornaments were stamped in Whisper White Craft Ink on a separate piece of Kraft cardstock, embossed with a layer of clear embossing powder, and then punched out with the Ornament Punch.  The ornaments were mounted on dimensionals.  The  Merry Christmas sentiment from the "A Cardinal Christmas" was stamped in Black Ink and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.  Four cyrstal rhinestones were added for embellishment below the sentiment.  I used gold cord for the ornament hangers and tied small bows with 1/8" satin ribbon.  I wish the picture wasn't such poor quality, as these were really stunning, and got lots of rave reviews from the lucky recipients. 




Here is the 5th and final card I made.  Quite a stunner, if I do say so myself.  I used one of the snowflakes from the Winter Wishes stamp set and the sentiment was from Heard from the Heart.  The card base was Whisper White and I added layers of Pomegranite from last year's In Colors and Brushed Gold.  I embossed snowflakes in clear embossing powder on the Brushed Gold cardstock to add some additional glamor.  The Snowflakes on the Whisper White were stamped in Pomegranite then I applied Heat and Stick and Dazzling Diamonds for some glitter.  The hearts were punched using the Heart to Heart Punch (113694).  Other punches used were the 1 3/8 and 11/4" circle punches and the 1 3/8" square punch.  Here's a close up of the detail on the card.  I used the snowflake stamp and versamark ink on the large heart and then dried it with the heat gun to give it some definition too.



Some of my ideas came from looking at Split Coast Stampers, and liking the Mojo Monday sketches. 

I hope you like these. 


No comments:

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...