Friday, June 5, 2009

Dem Bones........

On Tuesday my 87 year old mother, Marjorie, fell off a step ladder and broke her hip. She was taken to her local hospital and has undergone hip surgery. When I received the phone call from her building security I was so distressed, thinking "on no this will be the end of her". The staff at the hospital and her surgeon have been just fantastic and are treating her so well. Marjorie is a real fighter and said this fall wasn't going to be a set back for her, and she's going to get back on her feet again. Well today it happened. She had her first physio session this morning and actually stood and walked about 12 feet with the assistance of a walker. Isn't that just too fantastic? I phoned my family this evening to let them know what progress she's made and everyone was amazed. Thanks Heather for the fantastic flowers they helped to brighten mom's day and I'm sure gave her the incentive to get up off the bed. Thanks everyone for your prayers, as I believe these helped too! Will keep you posted as to mom's progress.

No comments:

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...