What a week! As a small woman who has gained some weight over the last six months, I’m surprised at how difficult shopping for clothes has become. I’m looking for dress casual outfits suitable for both day and evening, but there are very few choices available in my size. I’m not sure if it’s due to my age or my body shape causing the problem. Everything seems to be either too tight or too loose, with no options in between. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Here's My Card:
I've been wanting to try out the sunburst die from the Sunset Coast Dies for some time now, but hadn't found the perfect layout until I saw this sketch. I didn't have to think twice, as I was so inspired by this clean and simple sketch. Without overthinking the design I was able to assemble this card very quickly. The only thing that took time was embossing the sentiment.
Supplies and Instructions:Stamps and Dies:
- Sunset Coast Dies #167780 SU
- Birthday Wishes for You #145742 SU(R)
 |
Scenic Coastal Suite includes the dies, stamps, and the beautiful Sunset Coastal DSP
|
Cardstock and DSP:- Highland Heather 8 1/2" x 11" piece for card base scored at 4 1/4"
- scraps for sailboat shadow and strip on inside of card
- Gorgeous Grape - before cutting two 4" x 5 1/4" mattes from this cardstock for the front and inside card mattes, I die cut the ship circle die and seagull die from the matte centers to use for the focal points.
- 3 1/4" x 1/2" a scrap piece for sentiment
- Golden Glow Incolour - a scrap piece for sunburst
- Strawberry Slush Incolour - a scrap piece for sunburst shadow
I layered the two Strawberry Slush and Golden Glow sunbursts and offset them just a wee bit to provide a shadow. I used my precision tip glue to adhere them.
I layered the Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape sailboats together too, with the Highland Heather as the bottom layer to provide a shadow look. I only wanted the sailboat portion of the die cut so I cut the sail boat in each colour, away from the larger image before layering them on the sunburst. Adding a shadow and double layering the die cuts is a subtle addition adding stability to the frail parts of the die cut and a effect lending a more finished look.
Designer Series Paper:
- Sunset Coast 6 x 6 DSP
- cut 4" x 5 1/4" piece and then cut this into 2 strips each measuring 2 1/4" x 4" for the front mattes. Adhere to card from matte leaving a 5/8" x 4" gap in the center of the matte.
- 3 3/4" x 1/4" strip for inside card
Ink:
- Versa Mark ink for sentiment and White Embossing Powder
Accessories:
- Dimensionals
- Sunset self-adhesive sequins x 3
I left the inside of the card empty except for the layered designer paper strips and sailboat because I wasn't sure what occasion the card would be for. When the right moment comes, I can add a sentiment.
Thank you for stopping by today to look at my sketch challenge card. There are many fantastic entries on the AHSC site for this sketch from both participants and the design team, so visit their site for some inspiration. Until next time...
HAPPY STAMPING!
PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN' SPOT
Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006
No comments:
Post a Comment