Sunday, July 19, 2026

Love Birds Anniversary Card #AHSC690

What a busy weekend.  We had our annual summer garage sale at our housing complex and the whole week was taken up with prepping.  I intended to hold my sale on my driveway, but woke up to heavy rain for the day, so had to go to plan B and hold it in my garage.  All in all a good day, but I was too tired to  finish my card for the sketch challenge.  

Here's this week's fun sketch from the Design Team at Atlantic Heart's Sketch Challenge site.  There's lots going on in this sketch, so if you're unsure how to approach it, make sure you take  a look at the AHSC Design Team's card samples.  They're super inspiring and fun! 


Here's My Card:



Since I seem to constantly need anniversary cards, I decided to create one using a designer paper called Flight and Airy that was part of a Sale-A-Bration release in 2021. This great sketch from AHSC allowed me to showcase the papers, mattes and focal piece in a unique way. 

Supplies and Instructions:

Stamps and Dies:

  • Cheers & Sips (R) #165588 -sentiment It's Your Day
  • Sunset Coastal # 167775 - sentiments Happy Anniversary and Wishing you a Lifetime of Joy
  • Stylish Shapes Dies #159183

Cardstock and Designer Series Paper (DSP):

  • Cardbase Bubble Bath 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scraps for three 11/4" x 1 1/4" squares, 1 3/4" circle and 1 3/8" x 7/8" rectangle for sentiment matte. 
  • Boho Blue (R) matte for front 4" x 5 1/4", inside matte 5 3/8" x 4 1/8", and three 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" squares for dsp. 
  • Scraps of Whisper White for circle and tag on card front, 3 3/4" x 5" matte for inside card. 
  • Flight and Airy Designer Paper, 6 1" x 1" squares, birds and flowers from DSP for decoration. A piece of dsp measuring 3 3/4 x 5" was flipped to Pecan Pie design side to provide some contrast between the Boho Blue and Bubble Bath cardstocks.   
Ink:
  • Misty Moonlight 
  • Bubble Bath (for decorative mask design on white stitched circle). 

Accessories:  

  • Basic Pattern Decorative Mask 2020/21
  • Sequins:  Pinks self adhesive sequins

I'm not really into a lot of fiddling and I have to be honest with layering the squares, measuring their distance when mounting and adding pieces of ephemera, I found this card quite fiddly.  That being said it was worth it to see the finished card.  

Thanks for checking out my rendition of this challenge and I hope you were able to play along this week.  It's such a cool sketch!   Until next time......

HAPPY STAMPING!
PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN' SPOT
Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006 

 

Click here to visit my 24/7 online shop 

2 comments:

Brandi said...

So beautiful, I love the colours and the flowers, the bitds are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Leilani McGranahan said...

Lovely card. I love the colors and the birds. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing with the AHSC

Love Birds Anniversary Card #AHSC690

What a busy weekend.  We had our annual summer garage sale at our housing complex and the whole week was taken up with prepping.  I intended...