Sunday, June 16, 2024

Under the Moon - TSOT Challenge #648

Under the Moon

One of the first sets I chose from Stampin' Ups! new annual catalogue was the Under The Moon eight piece photopolymer stamp set.  I was excited to try out the Moon/Sun images and couldn't wait to ink them up. They didn't disappoint.  Because the texture of the images are deeply etched I began by inking up the stamps with Versa Mark ink and then re-inking them with my coloured ink to ge4t a more precise image.  

The Under the Moon stamp set is so much fun to play with. It's one of those very versatile sets that triggers your creativity, and the more you play and experiment with it the more ideas you'll come up with.  

When I saw challenge #648 at the TSOT (Try A Sketch on Tuesday) blog I instantly knew I wanted to create a scenic card using the Under the Moon set.  Here is sketch challenge #648 which opened on Tuesday, June 4, 2024, and will run through Sunday, June 16, 2024.  I encourage you to play along and have some fun.  


Here's My Card: 
I used my interpretation of this sketch to create two monochromatic retirement or holiday cards using the new Incolour Summer Splash.

Card One:



Card Two: 



Well that's it for this challenge.  Hope you like my adaptation of the sketch.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on my monochromatic cards.    

HAPPY STAMPING!
PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN' SPOT 
Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006


8 comments:

kramer_buffy said...

Perfect Stamp set for our sketch! Love the blues! Thank so much for playing with us at TSOT!

-- Dalis

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, your two cards are beautiful and great masculine cards... love the technique you used for stamping and creating your scene... and love in the monochromatic aquas are perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT and would love you to enter in our sister challenge at Double Trouble "masculine" and our partner Colorful Options "Aqua".... hope to see you there before challenge closes at 11 am MST today https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2024/06/Challenge-168.html

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Both beautiful cards, Penny! Love the monochromatic look you created on each of them! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!

paper bag create said...

Holy Moly batgirl.....you knocked it out of the park...FABULOUS stamping ...LOVE the scenery and the arrangement!!! You are the STAMPING QUEEN! :)

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so neat in a monochromatic colour scheme! Thanks for sharing with us at both Double Trouble and TSOT :)

Donna Scholz said...

Penny, what a creative way to meet our Double Trouble challenge requirements! I love your aqua palette, and use of a masculine theme! Both cards are great. Thank you so much for sharing your cards and talent with us!!! -Donna

Kellianne said...

Your interpretation of the sketch is awesome! I love how you did it all in monochromatic! Really neat. Thanks for sharing with us at Double TRouble :)

Makira said...

💚💚💚 these cards! A perfect representation of monochromatic! Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challente.
Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

Under the Moon - TSOT Challenge #648

Under the Moon One of the first sets I chose from Stampin' Ups! new annual catalogue was the Under The Moon eight piece photopolymer st...