Thursday, July 1, 2021

Houseplants Anyone?

I recently participated in one of Alison Okimatsu's online classes for Stampin Up demo's.  The class featured the stamp and die bundle from the Bloom Where You're Planted Suite on pages 80 and 81 of the new Stampin' Up Annual Catalogue.

The Bloom Where You're Planted Suite Collection comes in English and French versions and includes:  The Plentiful Plants Photopolymer Stamp set at 10% off, the Perfect Plants Dies at 10% off, the beautiful Bloom Where You're Planted DSP, and Paper Lattice Accent pieces.  The colours that coordinate with the DSP are Cajun Craze, Cinnamon Cider, Evening Evergreen, Garden Green, Gray  Granite and Just Jade. 

The Plentiful Plants and Perfect Plants Dies can be purchased as a bundle, with a 10% savings.  There are 15 photopolymer stamps and dies.  This bundle was part of our class purchase price and I was very pleased to play with the set once it arrived.  

The best part of the whole day was sharing it with Rachel one of my awesome team members.  We had so many laughs and giggles and at the end of the day she was one of the lucky winners of a stamp and die bundle!  It was the first time either of us have stamped with anyone in months, so it was super special.  

We had the usual trials and tribulations of getting the Zoom meeting format to work, but managed between tablets and phones to keep up. Allison's classes are always fast paced and filled with lots of activity.  We were going full throttle throughout the day, but we did manage to make six cards, listen to three wonderful presentations, and complete our cards for three separate challenges.  What an exciting and fun way to put your creativity to the test.  Here are the cards we made:  

Many Messages Cling Rubber Stamp and matching Dies.  Use the Stamperatus for this large block stamp to get the best ink results.  
I
We made two of each card and did three challenges during the class.  I incorporated some changes to make these cards my own.

I added the sentiment "Just wanted to say" from the Many Messages stamp and a Gold Bead on the hanger.   


I like stamping the insides of the cards so here are the views of the three inside panels.   

I love the sentiments in the Plentiful Plants stamp set.  



I managed to get an ink blob on the left hand panel of my card so I used a circle cut from the dsp to cover it up.  I actually die cut the circle from the panel on the right hand side.  So often we use contrasting card stock as a layer on the insides of our cards, but I like to use DSP too to add some interest.  


I had purchase Bloom Where You're Planted Designer Series Paper prior to doing the course and cut out a number of the pieces using the dies.  I also inked up my Many Messages stamp with Cinnamon Cider ink and cut out a pile of sentiments to use with this fun suite.  

TIP:  I like to recycle styrofoam food trays and I use them to hold all my bits and bobs when I'm working with stamps and dies. These recycled trays (I run them through the dishwasher before using) help keep everything grouped together so I can find what I'm looking for easily.  They help to keep my work surface tidy and organized and if I have to leave what I'm doing I can just stack the trays on the side of my desk just as they are.      

Here's one of my recycled styrofoam trays at work.  This one is about 15 x 8 and has slightly raised sides so nothing falls out.  

Here's another fun card I made using the Plentiful Plants stamps and dies.  It's a surprise gate fold card.

I love the beautiful embossed design behind the plant.  The texture really brings the plant out from the brick wall dsp.  The Embossing Folder is called Greenery EF


The Greenery EF This set includes two unique embossing folders that measure 6 1/4" x 3 3/38". These slightly smaller folders fit with the portable Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.





I love this DSP.  The colours are so vivid.  These are the When you lift up the front panel of this card you have a split panel.  

And here is the inside of the card.  I absolutely love it!  

During the class we also had three challenges and here are the cards that I made:


The first challenge of the day was a colour challenge and we had to use a combination of pink, blue, green and yellow in our design.  I'd been wanting to create a card using the Beautiful Moments stamp set.  I chose the images of the woman and girl walking. I used Stampin' Blends to colour their dresses in So Saffron and Polished Pink inks.  Next I created a beach scene using a small detail stamp from the By the Dock stamp set and stamping some sand dunes in Crumb Cake and adding plant details in Old Olive. To complete the colour challenge I sponged the clouds in Pool Party and then used the new Basic Basic Border Dies to add some stitched detail.  What fun!

For the sketch challenge I made a dog sympathy card.  I combined the Pampered Pets Stamp set, Tailor Made Tags Dies and the Basic Borders Dies in the card layout.  The white portion was embossed with the recently retired Subtles EF.  

This card was for the Speed Challenge and was based on a picture depicting a sunset.   Participants had   less than an hour to design and make their card, then take a picture and post it on the class site.  Whew, what a challenge.  I used the Mountain Air stamp bundle for my background and the ball cap from Hats Off for this masculine retirement card.  

Well that's everything that I have for your folks today.  I hope you liked all the samples, and will give me some feedback on which card you liked best and why.  Looking forward to hearing from you.


Happy Stampin'
Penny Tokens Stampin Spot


Penny Hanuszak@telus.net













2 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

Your cards are fabulous, Penny! I just love all of the house plant cards - what a great way to showcase this entire set.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much Deborah. If you don't have this suite yet, it's a must. What fun! I can see using this one for a long time and I'm working on some different cards as we speak! Cheers my friend.

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...