Judy is hosting our challenge this week and it's a Feminine "Anything Goes". What fun! The design team came up with some pretty amazing feminine projects so I hope you'll check them out.
Here's My Card:
I still haven't finished all my "Hello" cards yet, so I decided to create another one for a friend of mine who is really into cats. She has two precious fur baby's and they are the light of her life, so I thought it appropriate to say hello with this card which features the "Pretty Kitty" stamp set.
Isn't this just "purrfect"? I know this card will be well received.
Stamp Sets: Pretty Kitty #141864, Cat Sayings SSC1222 Stampendus
Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Berry Burst
DSP: Colour Theory Designer Series Paper Pack #144193
Ink: Berry Burst, Momento Tuxedo Black, Basic Gray, Smokey Slate
Accessories: Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Aqua Painter, Pinpoint Layers 30065 Memory Box dies, Tom Bow Glue, Dimensionals.
1. The card base is an 11" x 5 1/2" piece of Berry Burst scored at 5 1/2".
2. The first layer is a 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" piece of Basic Black card stock.
3. The second layer is a 5" x 5" piece of Berry Burst Color Theory Paper.There are different designs on the paper but I chose the plain one with just a slight gradation of the colour for this layer.
4. Cut the following for the cat images from Whisper White card stock:
- 2 pieces that measure 1 3/8" x 2 3/8" - stamp kitten with wool and kitten with tail on floor
- 1 piece that measures 2 3/4" x 1 3/4" - stamp kitten looking at butterfly
- 1 piece that measures 1 1/2" x 1 3/4" - stamp kitten in flower pot
- 1 piece that measures 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" - stamp kitten walking
- 1 piece that measures 7/8" x 1 7/8" - stamp the sentiment "Just peeking.."
- 2 pieces that measure - 1 1/2" x 2 1/2"- kitten with wool & kitten with tail on floor
- 1 piece that measures - 2 7/8" x 1 7/8" - kitten looking at butterfly
- 1 piece that measures - 1 7/8" x 1 5/8" - kitten kitten in flower pot
- 1 piece that measures - 1 5/8" x 1 5/8" - kitten walking
- 1 piece that measures - 1" x 2" - sentiment
|Because the sentiment was just a tad to long to nestle in between the squares and rectangles, I mounted it with Dimensionals. so that it's touching the other blocks.|
6. To finish the inside of the card I cut a 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" layer of Basic Black card stock. I topped this with a 5 x 5" piece of Whisper White. I stamped the Stampendous sentiment and one of the little kittens in Tuxedo Black Ink.
7. Once the images were stamped, I coloured them with an aqua painter in Basic Gray and Smokey Slate inks. Details such as the bows and the ball of wool were added in Berry Burst ink.
I hope you enjoyed this card. I'm pretty pleased with it and plan to do several more in different colours. What do you think? If you like it I'd love to hear from you. Your comments totally make my day.
If you haven't already checked out the other Watercooler Wednesday design team blogs, simply click here and the link will take you to the main page. Just click on the name below each card.
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot