Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Lovely Lace and a Sneak Peek

I'm counting down the hours until New Years so will do just a quick post today featuring a Sneak Peek from the new Occasions Catalogue that will be available on January 3rd, 2013.

The focal point on this card is stamped with the new Painted Petals stamp set in Whisper White Ink on Early Espresso card stock.  This fun two-step watercolour style stamp set comes with 13 beautifully coordinated stamps and will be available in Wood, Clear and Photopolymer.  That's so exciting!  

I've coordinated this stamp with the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder available in the Annual Catalogue.  I embossed the Early Espresso card base with this folder and then used Whisper White ink and a sponge dauber to bring out the beautiful lace background. 

Once I'd applied enough Whisper White and had heat dried the card stock,  I sponged over over the pattern with Crisp Cantaloupe and Calypso Coral inks  to bring even more life and design to the background.  Wow did it look impressive! I was almost reluctant to cover it up with the center layers.  



I stamped the flowers and one of the sentiments "You're amazingly AMAZING" from the Painted Petals stamp set in Whisper White ink on Early Espresso card stock. Tip: I find that when I'm working with Whisper White ink on a dark background such as Early Espresso, Night of Navy or Basic Black card stock I like to use my heat gun to quickly dry the ink so I don't get any smudging. Don't hold the heat gun too close to the card stock and keep it moving, otherwise you will warp the card.  Once my card stock was dry, I used a light hand and Dazzling Details to give some subtle sparkle to the flowers. 



I sure wish these pictures had turned out better, because the stamping on this card had a real dreamy watercolour effect. I have such poor lighting in this house and it was simply too cold, cloudy and wet outside the day I made this card to take the pictures outside, so unfortunately I had to make do.  I foresee a light box in my future.   

Here is the inside of the card and one last look:

More images from the Painted Petals set for your exclusive Sneak Peek. Enjoy!


Wishing you and your families a most Happy New Year! 

Happy New Year & Happy Stampin!
Penny Tokens 

1 comment:

Sharon B-B said...

I would be hesitant to cover this up too! It's beautiful work. To me, it has a Victorian feel, which is a favorite theme of mine. It just reached out and grabbed me.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...