Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Love is in the Air

It's that "Love" time of year again, with lots of weddings, anniversary's and engagement parties coming up.  With that in mind I thought I better start putting some ideas together for cards so I'll have a good supply on hand, and not be doing things at the last minute.  

Usually I make a more traditional card featuring flowers or scrolls, but when I saw these two adorable birds on Laura Lipe's blog, I knew I just had to case her card.  Don't you just love punch art? 



Closeup of the love birds.  The punches used were the ornament punch for the base, the round tab punch (you could also use the Butterfly punch for this section of the body), small heart for the beak, wings are from the 2-step bird punch, and the feet and head feathers are fromthe small flower in the Boho Blossoms punch.

 My second card is based on a two-step card made from a 6 x 6 sheet of cardstock that I've attached to a 6 x 4 1/2 card base.   I used Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Poppy Parade Incolors for the DSP, cardstocks and ink.  The Flower stamp is from the Punch Bunch stamp set and the Love sentiment is from one of the recent Valentine stamp promotion sets.

5 comments:

Shellie G said...

I really like the "For You" card. It makes me think so much of spring and summer. the color combo is very refreshing

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love the love birds!! And the Love card is very pretty! I need to try to do some cute punch art cards! Thanks Penny!

Hugs
Shirley

Dale Morin said...

Penny, Your lovebirds are adorable! I love them. Your other card is great too.

Patti said...

The birds are so adorable. And I like the design of the second card. Now all you need are a wedding or anniversary!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Too cute! Love those birds and can't wait to try to make some! TFS! :)

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...