Friday, January 14, 2011

Birthday Wishes for January

My friend Wendy celebrated her birthday on January 3rd, and I decided I'd make an easel birthday card for her.  I love the versatility of easel cards and they are one of my favourite "wow" card styles. 

In October I purchased some retired stamp sets from Holly Smith including the one I used for this card.   When Holley sent them to me she also included the cards she made to advertise the stamp sets on her blog.  Because Holly's card was so beautiful, I decided to case it and I'm so glad I did.  It tured out so pretty.  I'll be making a few more of these.  Think I'll add some bling to punch it up a bit, even though it doesn't really need it. 
Recipe:
Stamp Set:  Garden Collage (2005 Retired)
Card Stock:  Bravo Burgundy, Black,Vanilla
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Markers:  Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
DSP:  Designer Series Paper Patterns Pack (In Color) - Blushing Bride
Ribbon: Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
Punches and Dies: Big Shot Scallop Circle Die, Small and Large Oval Punches, Scallop Trim Border Punch

Here's the finished card:

2 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Penny, I don't know how I missed this beautiful card. I love that look! Great card. TFS

Crystal said...

What a pretty card! Aren't those easel cards fun?! tfs :)

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...