Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some Christmas Cards from My Friends.............

This post should have been done in December but I didn't have my camera when these arrived.  Even though it's now January I wanted to share these two very special Christmas cards from my friend Betty Lee and my very special sister Heather.  I know you'll be happy I did. 


 Here is the card and envelope from Betty Lee........isn't it gorgeous!  The set is called Scenic Season (115354).  A beautiful rhinestone glistens on top of the first tree and the star and the Season's Greeting sentiment are in Gold Embossing Powder. 
Betty Lee has layered Brushed Gold and Handsom Hunter Cardstock on Whisper White and has stamped her beautiful crisp images with Handsome Hunter Ink. 

Along with stamping the envelope Betty Lee has embossed the middle tree in gold on the inside of the card cover and added the sentiment May the peace and Joy of the season be with you throughout the new year, which is also from this set in Handsome Hunter on the base card.  As if all this wasn't good enough, imagine my delight when I flipped the card over and on the back read the following:
Paper and Embossing Powder..... $18.65
Stamp Set and Ink ........$32.93
Making Christmas cards for my friends.........Priceless!  


Thanks so much for making my day Betty Lee.............this card was fantastic!



My next Christmas card I want to share with you came from my very special sister Heather, who I adore........can you tell!  Heather loves card making and is honing her talents and stretching her skills.  I know this card was made with pure love as it just glistened on the shelf..   She's used one of my all time favourite stamp sets "Loads of Love", to set the scene.  It wasn't hard to envision her and Ken in the front seat of the truck, after a fun day in the snow picking their tree.   Thanks Heather........... loved this card and you're the best!



My last little post is a small treat pouch I made for friends in Palm Springs when we were entertaining.

The treat pouch was made with the Holiday Lounge DSP.  I embossed strips of Taken With Teal card stock for the front and layered a Sahara Sand scallop punch with Taken With Teal and Whisper White Circle Punches.  Mu little snowman's face was all a glitter with Dazzling Diamonds.  When you open the pouch it holds one Ghiradelli square.  What would Christmas be without Chocolate Treats!!!  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...