Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Celebrate Dec/Jan Birthdays with Monkey87: Birthdays + Sketch


This week's sketch challenge at A La Card Monkey is about making a 10 minute birthday card. Even though the sketch picture says Monkey86 it really, really is Monkey87.  So after I got over that hurdle, I thought okay the sketch is there and this shouldn't be difficult, but when your Mojo isn't working it's not working.  LOL!  Anyway about 2 hours later in the wee hours of the night I came up with this card. I'll be sending it to a good friend whose birthday is January 3. 

One of the absolutely best perks about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is being able to pre-order and play with the new products.  Since my friend's birthday is so close to the launch of the new "Occasions and Sale-A-Bration" catties, I thought perfect timing to include some of the new products on it and a chance to play. I think that's why it took me so long to make this card.  Everything's so awesome I couldn't decide what I wanted to use.  Well anyway here's my finished card and I hope you like it



3 comments:

Marie said...

The color combination is really great. I love the fact that you coordinated the inside of the card too. Thanks for playing this week at A La Card Monkey.

Terry said...

That floral paper caught my eye too. I love the buttons. It is tough deciding which new product to use! Thanks for playing. And sorry I got the challenge number wrong. You got me! lol

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Wowers!! Love the fresh look of this card, that paper is fabulous! I am glad you are back. Did you get my Halloween or Christmas Cards yet?? Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey.

Hugs
Shirley

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...