Sunday, July 26, 2026

Masculine Birthday - Fishing AHSC#691

 

My morning started off wonderfully when I saw that my entry for last week's challenge was selected as one of the Top 3. That truly made me happy. Congratulations also go to Birgit for her amazing baby card that I would love to CASE, and to Patti from PS Paper Crafts for her impressive masculine card. I really admired both of their creations.

Now, the AHSC challenge is underway from today until Sunday, July 26th. If you want to join in or simply want to view the Design Team and participants' cards for AHSC #691, click on the link. Exciting!

Here's My Card:

Supplies and Instructions:

Stamps and Dies:
  • Gone Fishing #161535(R) Stamps - Lures and water
  • Perennial Postage #161607 - white postage stamp pieces - cut four
  • Rolling Waves - sentiments "Happy Birthday"and "Hoping your Day is Perfect"
  • Best Catch #148598 - Fisherman and Hat
  • Delightful Wishes Die #164707 - sentiment layer 
Cardstock and Designer Series Paper:
  • Basic White 
    • 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 Basic White cardbase scored at 4 1/4"
    • 5 x 3 3/4" matte for inside card 
    • Postage stamp pieces cut 4 from scrap
  • Misty Moonlight 
    • 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" matte for front layer
    • 5 1/4" x 4" matte for inside layer 
    • 1 1/2" x 2 3/8" rectangles to matte postage stamp layers cut four 
  • Designer Papers: 
    • Let's Go Fishing DSP # 161534 4 x 5 1/4" waves for front matte, ephemera
    • Waterside Retreat DSP #167920 - fish ephemera 



Ink:
  • Misty Moonlight
  • Real Red
  • Pecan Pie blend
  • Cajun Craze
  • Wink of Stella for fish
Accessories:
  • Brass Dragonflies - Stampin' Up!
  • Dimensionals 

Thanks for dropping by my blog today and checking out my sketch submission.  I hope you found it inspiring and that you want to try out this sketch yourself.  Let me know if you're starting to play along with these sketch challenges,  I'd love to know.  

HAPPY STAMPING!
PENNY TOKENS STAMPIN' SPOT 
Penny Hanuszak, CDN Stampin' Up! Demo since 2006

Click here to visit my 24/7 Online Shop 


12 comments:

  1. Love the fishing images - such a cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyson, thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my card. So appreciated. Glad you love the fishing images. They're some of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, your card is all kinds of wonderful - just love every detail! And I appreciate any stamper who doesn’t let the inside or back of the card go naked :o) Nancy J (inkblocks)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I'm with you, it's not a finished card for me unless its finished inside and out. Cheers.

      Delete
  4. I love your take on our sketch! It's perfect masculine look. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle glad you liked my masculine card. Appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love this and will likely be scraplifting the idea and using stamps in my stash to create a birthday card for the hubbies birthday today. I love the vintage and fishing feel of this card, it is so great! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scraplift away, lol! I so appreciate your comment and happy birthday to your hubbie!

      Delete
  6. A super card, Penny! All the elements you chose coordinate so well for a really nice masculine card. Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jolanda working with the sketch made it easier to choose the elements as the spaces were smaller to fill up. Loved it!

      Delete
  7. I love this. You have used new and old stamp sets to make a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved mixing and matching the old with the new and this sketch was perfect for that. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! You've made my day.