Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Catching Up on Easter - Part Two

Here's another Easter "catch-up" post showing the Easter card I made for my mom.  She was thrilled and I'm sure you'll like it too.  

I watched a video by Dawn Griffith using the Watercolour Stamp Set and Fringed Scissors that inspired me to make this card.  You can check out Dawn's video at this link for measurements and tips on cutting out the half circle on this card. 

For my card I used Pool Party card stock for the base, topped with Whisper White.  Since I loved, loved, loved the egg in the EGGstra Spectacular stamp set I decided to make it the main image showcased by the half circle on the card front.  The addition of the other stamped images, the ribbon and the embossing really made the whole card come together in a pleasing way. 

This next pictures shows off the inside of this great card. I'm going to be adding this technique to my "Fancy Fold" technique classes because it's one everyone should know about. 

The cute little bunny on the inside cover is another of the great stamps from the EGGstra Spectacular stamp set.  The vine and eggs are from  a retired stamp set called Flower-Filled.  It was one of the first stamp sets I ever bought from Stampin' Up! and has seen some serious ink. I think the images really compliment the EGGstra Spectacular set and the theme of this card.


On the right you can see all the stamps in this 9-piece two-step stamp set.  It was always an awesome set.  If you're wondering why I'm showing you the stamped images instead of the wooden blocks, it's because I found in the old Stampin' Up! days, before they added Clear Mounts and changed the packaging for their stamp sets, that it was sometimes difficult to imagine how a stamp image would look before it was stamped. To remedy this and make it easier for me and the folks I stamped with, I began stamping all the stamp images from the set on a piece of cardstock which I glued to the inside of the box lid with glue dots. Voila, you could really see what was in the box!
In this view you can see the front and back of the card. The Pool Party piece measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"  and the Whisper White piece measured 5 1/4" x 9 1/2" before it was scored at 2 1/2 and 5 1/2" and folded back on itself. 
 
I stamped the egg in Staz On Black Ink and then used Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding markers to underline the writing.  Small and medium sized basic pearls were glued to the top and bottom of the egg.  This added such a soft feminine touch.  The vine was stamped in Pistachio Pudding and the small eggs were added with dimensionals. 

How do you like the Coastal Cabana Ruffled Stretch ribbon on this card front?  I'm really sad to see this ribbon retiring as it always adds such a delicate fun flair to whatever I'm making and it's so easy to attach with sticky strip.  I like it paired up with the Crisp Cantaloupe Designer Series Paper too.  The final touch for this card front was to emboss just the front panel of this piece with the Perfect Dots embossing folder.  

I wish you could see this card in real life because it is fabulous..........even if I do say so myself.  

Penny

No comments:

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...